T-GuIDE European Lifelong Learning Conference, Brussels
Share on social media
31 March 2015, Brussels, Belgium. A conference presenting the results of the T-GuIDE Lifelong Learning project, open to tourist guides and stakeholders including managers and owners of destinations and attractions as well as organisations that arrange holidays for people with learning difficulties and/or intellectual impairments.
31 March 2015, Brussels, Belgium.
A conference presenting the results of the T-GuIDE Lifelong Learning project.
The conference is open to:
- Tourist guides
- Managers, owners or staff of tourist destinations and attractions
- Organisations that arrange holidays, trips or events for people with learning difficulties and/or intellectual disabilities
- Families and friends of people with learning difficulties and/or intellectual disabilities.
Venue: Flemish Government Buildings, Auditorium, Boudewijnlaan 30, 1000 Brussels.
Time: 10:00 - 13:00 hours
Conference language: English. Simultaneous sub-titling of all speeches is provided for the conference.
Download the presentations in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
09:30 Registration & Coffee
10.00 Opening Session – Welcome and Introduction
- Chair: Mieke Broeders, Director, Flemish Agency for Accessibility
- VisitFlanders. Sara Lefèvre, Accessibility Expert
- European Commission DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Tourism Policy. Antonella Correra, Policy Office
- European Federation of Tourist Guides’ Associations (FEG). Carlos Ortega, President
- Consorzio ASIS, Italy. Lorenzo Scirroco, T-GuIDE Project Coordinator
10.45 Guided Tours for All in Europe – Challenges and Requirements
- Autisme Denmark and Danish National Parent Association for Autisme. Birgitte Bjørn, Autisme Specialist.
- Tricentenaire - 3,2,1 VAKANZ, Luxembourg. Holiday Excursion Support & Service Network for Persons with Disabilities. Danielle Petesch, Coordinator
11:15 The T-GuIDE eLearning Programme
- Introduction. T-GuIDE Video Presentation. FEG, Efi Kalamboukidou, Tourist Guide, President of Panhellenic Tourist Guide Federation, FEG – Executive Member.
- Open the T-GuIDE Video in YouTube 16 minutes. Opens in a new browser window.
- Demonstration of the T-GuIDE e-Learning programme. (www.accesstraining.eu) ENAT, Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director. With input from project partners: Lebenshilfe / Fundación Pública Andaluza El Legado Andalusí / Sustento / IFI / SAN / ENAT
- T-GuIDE Competences Manual. MINSTER Development Centre, UK. Christine Lester, Director
- Towards Accreditation of T-GuIDE Skills & Competences. Allan Clare, UK. Lecturer, Trainer and Assessor, Director AWC Training.
- Lola Luque, Departamento de Turismo, Promoción y Deporte, El Legado Andalusí
12:15 Plenary Discussion
13.00 End of Conference Programme.
14.00 T-GuIDE Workshop. Language: English
- Interactive Workshop Session for T-GuIDE partners and tourist guides.
Facilitated by: Lisa Zieler, (FEG-Austria), Efi Kalamboukidou (FEG-Greece) and Karin Kicker-Frisinghelli, (Lebenshilfe, Austria)
- Practical guiding exercises – Preparation and On the tour
- Making a personal training plan and documenting your experience
- Deployment of the T-GuIDE accreditation programme in Europe
- Tourist Guides social network – online community for T-GuIDEs
- Review of T-GuIDE materials and Exploitation Plan.
16.00 Close of Workshop Session and Departure
Download the Programme for the right-hand panel in PDF Format.
Venue location map