T-GuIDE European Lifelong Learning Conference, Brussels
31 March 2015, Brussels, Belgium.
A conference presenting the results of the T-GuIDE Lifelong Learning project.
The conference is open to:
- Tourist guides
- Managers, owners or staff of tourist destinations and attractions
- Organisations that arrange holidays, trips or events for people with learning difficulties and/or intellectual disabilities
- Families and friends of people with learning difficulties and/or intellectual disabilities.
Venue: Flemish Government Buildings, Auditorium, Boudewijnlaan 30, 1000 Brussels.
Time: 10:00 - 13:00 hours
Conference language: English. Simultaneous sub-titling of all speeches is provided for the conference.
Download the presentations in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
09:30 Registration & Coffee
10.00 Opening Session – Welcome and Introduction
- Chair: Mieke Broeders, Director, Flemish Agency for Accessibility
- VisitFlanders. Sara Lefèvre, Accessibility Expert
- European Commission DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Tourism Policy. Antonella Correra, Policy Office
- European Federation of Tourist Guides’ Associations (FEG). Carlos Ortega, President
- Consorzio ASIS, Italy. Lorenzo Scirroco, T-GuIDE Project Coordinator
10.45 Guided Tours for All in Europe – Challenges and Requirements
- Autisme Denmark and Danish National Parent Association for Autisme. Birgitte Bjørn, Autisme Specialist.
- Tricentenaire - 3,2,1 VAKANZ, Luxembourg. Holiday Excursion Support & Service Network for Persons with Disabilities. Danielle Petesch, Coordinator
11:15 The T-GuIDE eLearning Programme
- Introduction. T-GuIDE Video Presentation. FEG, Efi Kalamboukidou, Tourist Guide, President of Panhellenic Tourist Guide Federation, FEG – Executive Member.
- Open the T-GuIDE Video in YouTube 16 minutes. Opens in a new browser window.
- Demonstration of the T-GuIDE e-Learning programme. (www.accesstraining.eu) ENAT, Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director. With input from project partners: Lebenshilfe / Fundación Pública Andaluza El Legado Andalusí / Sustento / IFI / SAN / ENAT
- T-GuIDE Competences Manual. MINSTER Development Centre, UK. Christine Lester, Director
- Towards Accreditation of T-GuIDE Skills & Competences. Allan Clare, UK. Lecturer, Trainer and Assessor, Director AWC Training.
- Lola Luque, Departamento de Turismo, Promoción y Deporte, El Legado Andalusí
12:15 Plenary Discussion
13.00 End of Conference Programme.
14.00 T-GuIDE Workshop. Language: English
- Interactive Workshop Session for T-GuIDE partners and tourist guides.
Facilitated by: Lisa Zieler, (FEG-Austria), Efi Kalamboukidou (FEG-Greece) and Karin Kicker-Frisinghelli, (Lebenshilfe, Austria)
- Practical guiding exercises – Preparation and On the tour
- Making a personal training plan and documenting your experience
- Deployment of the T-GuIDE accreditation programme in Europe
- Tourist Guides social network – online community for T-GuIDEs
- Review of T-GuIDE materials and Exploitation Plan.
16.00 Close of Workshop Session and Departure
Download the Programme for the right-hand panel in PDF Format.
Venue location map